[PyQt] Overriding only one of two C++ virtual methods with different signature

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sat Jan 19 13:42:52 GMT 2008

Hello.

I've subclassed in Python from a C++ class that has:

  public slots:

    virtual void updateSearch (const QString &pattern=QString());

  protected:

    virtual void updateSearch (QTreeWidget *treeWidget);

I want to provide my own updateSearch(), but only for the slot case. Is
this possible at all? At the moment, my python function is gettin called
in both cases.

Any help appreciated.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

And how do you tell an extroverted mathematician? He looks at *your* shoes
while he's talking to you.