[PyQt] Please let me know, how to cross-compile?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:10:50 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Park min su wrote:
> Dear, PyQt users.
> I am having an interest in the PyQt.
> i wants porting the PyQt in my target platform.
> But the pyqt, it appears not to be supporting the cross-compile depending
> characteristic because of the x11.
> So, Me the pyqt the cross-compile regarding the method which it does it
> receives everybody's help.
> please, the method which cross-compiles the pyqt in me to teach.
>
> My target is the embedded platform which uses the MIPS core.
> Qtopia and Python are operating well from the target platform.
>
> I use the building environment which come out afterwords.
>
>  HOST : Fedora core 5.0
>  TARGET : MIPS32 Core Platform
>  qtopia : qtopia-opensource-src-4.3.0
>  python : python2.4
>  sip : sip-4.7.1
>  pyqt : PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3.1
>
> Please let me know, the method which cross-compiles the PyQt or to inform
> the document which relates to this.

First you need to define a 'spec' file for SIP that describes all the
compilers and flags you need to use. See the 'specs' directory in the SIP
source package.

Second you need to hack at PyQt's configure.py to remove all the dynamic tests
it does (ie. compiling and running test programs to determine the
configuration) and replace them with hard-coded values.

You should also look at...

http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/PyQt4_on_the_Qtopia_Greenphone