[PyQt] pykde4 using KConfig XT - tutorial

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Jan 12 10:09:56 GMT 2008

Hi,

Peter Liedler wrote:
> I am trying to autogenerate a configuration dialog with a
> KConfigSkeleton. I just can't get it working.

What went wrong?

> Can you post me a sample, tutorial or something else on how to call a
> config dialog in pykde4?

Not that I'm aware of.

> I tried it with a .kcfg file as described in the tutorials on kde.org,
> but there was no success.

If I remember rightly, the kconfig stuff in KDE uses a lot of C++
templates which makes bindings difficult. There is a good chance that
the config stuff is incomplete.

Jim appears to be off-line for a while now and I've had to try keeping
the kconfig stuff up to date and working. If it is screwed up, then it
is probably my fault. :)

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/