[PyQt] PyQt 4 - Linux Screen Flashing on New Widget

fossks at cox.net fossks at cox.net
Sun Feb 24 04:54:26 GMT 2008

I previous posted about this issue and I have included it below.  I also am including a standard widget call.  Could this have anything to do with the graphic background?

I have found that this only occurs on X Windows, not on MS Windows.

In basic PyQt applications, without graphics, I don't get these issues.

Ideas?

Kevin
_____________________________________

Hi,
   Can any one explain in X Windows why the screen goes blank whenever a new
window is opened?  It becomes annoying when I open a new application screen
and everything disappears for a second.

   Is it possible to avoid this?

Kevin

_______________________________________

class videofileWidget (QWidget, Ui_videofileWidget):
def __init__(self, parent = None):
QWidget.__init__(self, parent)
self.CHAN = 48
self.AO, self.VO = 'oss', 'xv'
self.DEINTERLACE = True
self.loadDefaults()
self.setupUi(self)
self.videofileStyle = videofileStyle(self)
self.videofileBgPixmap = QtGui.QPixmap("images/videofileBG_800x600.PNG")
self.setMask(self.videofileBgPixmap.mask())
self.videofileBg.setPixmap(self.videofileBgPixmap)
screen = QtGui.QDesktopWidget().screenGeometry()
size =  self.geometry()
self.move((screen.width()-size.width())/2, (screen.height()-size.height())/2)
self.setWindowFlags(QtCore.Qt.FramelessWindowHint | QtCore.Qt.Dialog)
self.connect(self.exitButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.closeApp)
self.connect(self.volumeupButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.volUp)
self.connect(self.volumednButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.volDn)
self.connect(self.muteonButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.toggleMute)
self.connect(self.muteoffButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.toggleMute)
self.connect(self.forwardButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.forward)
self.connect(self.backButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.back)
self.mute_flag = False
self.muteonButton.hide()