[PyQt] setText from threading

Reinaldo de Carvalho reinaldoc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:39:08 GMT 2008

>  That's pure chance. Eventually, your app will do something it shouldn't
>  and it will "suddenly" break. You simply can't rely that it will be
>  stable (even if some things will in fact work).

The objective of this thread is only dont freeze window. No concurrent
acccess will happen to GUI components. A have a hundred of methods
called by pushButtons or SIGNALs from Qlistview like itemChanged, that
manipulate the GUI mainly to populate many QListViews or setting text
on textLabel as status bar.

I am search examples like optimaze my code to use postEvent. But the
program is running normally with non-main-thread accessing to GUI.

--
Reinaldo Carvalho