[PyQt] Transparent Buttons & Widgets

fossks at cox.net fossks at cox.net
Wed Feb 20 17:35:03 GMT 2008

Hi,
   I'm new to this list but I've been using PyQt 4.1 for the past year or so.  My personal project is to make a frontend to MPlayer for my touchscreen PC in my car.
   I've created a basic version using common widgets and toolbars, but this is not really touchscreen friendly.  Now I've found many nice touchscreen skins for various other car PC media applications.  What I would like to do is use some of the previously designed (open source) screens and map transparent buttons/widgets that correspond to the graphics on the image.
    I know how to link "pushButtons" to actions.  Can I link a painted object like a circle or rectangle to action so that it acts like a button when clicked?  Assuming I can do this, I assume I can make this circle or rectangle completely transparent by setting the alpha to 0.
    Do you know of any examples I could follow to accomplish this?  I work well following example :)

Kevin