[PyQt] PyQt4 with cx_Freeze

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Tue Feb 19 21:04:26 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to use cx_Freeze (my latest try has been with version 3) to
try to freeze a PyQt program into a binary for distribution.  I tried
just compiling the Multiple Document Interface (mdi.py) example that
comes with PyQt4 as a test.  I was wondering if you could help me out.
I run:

python FreezePython.py --install-dir dist --include-modules sip mdi.py/

/it runs through saying
Missing modules:
? Carbon.File imported from macpath
? _emx_link imported from os
? ce imported from os
? mac imported from os
? nt imported from ntpath, os
? org.python.core imported from copy
? os.path imported from os
? os2 imported from os
? riscos imported from os
? riscosenviron imported from os
? riscospath imported from os
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sip.so
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/itertools.so
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/strop.so
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtCore.so
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/array.so
Copying /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/QtGui.so
Frozen binary dist/mdi created.
Done.

So It has created my frozen binary.  But when I go to run this file at
the command prompt (./mdi), get an error that just says "Segmentation
Fault (core dumped)"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Darryl