[PyQt] getting pyqt configure to recognize additional sipconfig entries

David Reiser dbreiser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:56:36 GMT 2008

I'm trying to build an X11 only version of pyqt 4.3.3 on a Mac (OS X
10.5.2). sipconfig.py has

     'sip_config_args':  '-p macx-g++ -v /sw/share/sip-py25
INCDIR_OPENGL=/usr/X11R6/include LFLAGS_PLUGIN=-bundle -undefined
dynamic_lookup',
and
     'INCDIR_OPENGL':            '/usr/X11R6/include',

but when pyqt is checking on QtOpenGL module, I get

In file included from cfgtest_QtOpenGL.cpp:1:
/sw/lib/qt4-x11/include/QtOpenGL/qgl.h:72:20: error: GL/gl.h: No such
file or directory
/sw/lib/qt4-x11/include/QtOpenGL/qgl.h:74:23: error: GL/glu.h: No such
file or directory

because -I/usr/X11R6/include isn't in the compile command

How can I get the OpenGL includes included?

I also have another problem that I expect is my fault in modifications
I made to configure.py to prevent a normal mac build. When pyqt gets
to building QtCore, it fails because all the python symbols are
missing ( no -lpython2.5 in the link line). Configure.py finds python
and its headers and libraries, the locations just don't end up in the
pyqt build commands. Suggestions?

Dave