[PyQt] problem with designer plugin on windows

Danny Chan chan_dhf at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 13 12:06:05 GMT 2008

Hi!
I have a problem with the designer plugin on windows. I have installed both Qt and PyQt from source. The designerplugin.dll ends up in the correct location in the designer plugins directory inside my Qt directory. However, if I start the designer demo from the PyQt examples, I never get any entries in the widgets list. When I choose the "About Plugins" menu entry in the designer, I see the entry pythonplugin.dll, but the list with widgets it is importing is empty. I tried also the following:

- copy the python sub directory from the examples to the plugins directory
- copy the files in the widgets sub directory from the examples into my python's site-lib directory

The result is still the same. My configuration:
Python 2.5.1
Qt 4.3.2 (compiled with MinGW)
sip 4.7.3 (compiled with MinGW)
PyQt 4.3.3 (compiled with MinGW)

Apart from this, PyQt works fine. I have no problem using the builtin widgets, subclassing in Python or integrating my c++ custom widgets with sip.

Can anybody help?
Danny