[PyQt] From object IDs to objects to model indexes...

Dirk Wagener dwagen at stonethree.com
Tue Feb 12 08:43:04 GMT 2008

Hi

I am using QModelIndex constructed with an id. I am using the built-in method
id(my_object) to get an ID to construct a ModelIndex with.
If we have an index, internalId() returns the id used to create the index.
Is there a API way to get the ModelIndex from a view if we have the id used
to create the index? I do not see a method like this in the QModelIndex API.

Also, id(my_object) = ID. Is there a way to get my_object if I only have the ID?

Thanks
Dirk

--
Dirk Wagener <dwagen at stonethree.com>
(MSc. Electronic Engineering, Stell.)

Project Engineer
Stone Three Signal Processing (Pty.) Ltd.
http://www.stonethree.com
+27 21 851 3123 (phone)
+27 21 851 3127 (fax)

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody
has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.