[PyQt] Locale problem with dateEdit calendar popup

Igor Prischepoff igor at tyumbit.ru
Thu Feb 7 13:56:20 GMT 2008

Hi there,
I have dateEdit input widget with calendarPopup set to true.
Underlying calendar widget shown and first comes Sunday,than Monday,then
Tuesday etc..
here in Russia we counts weeks from Monday,Tuesday etc...
I've discovered in docs this method:

QCalendarWidget.setFirstDayOfWeek(Qt::DayOfWeek dayOfWeek).

So this underlying popup calendar is tweakable.
Question is: how get this object from dateEdit control?

is there something like:
 mydateEdit = QtGui.dateEdit(bla bla bla)
 mydateEdit.getQCalendar.setFirstDayOfWeek(Monday)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How can I access underlying Qcalendar popup in dateEdit in order to set his
properties?
Or may be there is global locale setup for Qt application by default?

I have in my code those lines:

from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui, uic
import locale
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL,'Russian_Russia.1251')
# ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ setup global python locale for regexp etc...
QtCore.QTextCodec.setCodecForLocale(QtCore.QTextCodec.codecForName("cp1251")
)
QtCore.QTextCodec.setCodecForCStrings(QtCore.QTextCodec.codecForName("cp1251
"))
QtCore.QTextCodec.setCodecForTr(QtCore.QTextCodec.codecForName("cp1251"))

Please note that my popup calendar is localized - I mean I see cyrillic
letters,
everything is ok except this "our Qt week starts from Sunday he-he."
problem... :(

Can anyone of subscribers of this list from countries where weeks starts
from
Monday (Europe?) check in designer how this widget is shown?

Thank you in advance.
My platform: python 2.5 pyqt 4.3.3 gpl, windows xp.

---
igor at tyumbit.ru