[PyQt] PyQt4 - Py2exe - Missing DLLs problem

Doug Bell dougb at bellz.org
Fri Feb 1 11:15:35 GMT 2008

Michael Towers wrote:
> Angel Leon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   In the past I'd build a py2exe distributable of my app, and the
>> py2exe would be missing for some reason Qt4svg.dll, I'd then manually
>> copy the dll, and my app would launch.
>>
>>   does anyone have a similar problem? do you solve it by adding file
>> copy commands to your build script, or is there something you can do to
>> your py2exe script?
>>

> I noticed this too. I solved it the lazy way, by using pyinstaller
> instead. Of course ideally someone would come up with a fix for py2exe

Strange - I use py2exe for my TreeLine application, and I don't have
that problem (Qt4svg.dll is not needed).

Here's one possibility:  do you import the inclusive "Qt" module in your
Python code?  It includes QtSvg along with many other modules.  In
TreeLine, I always import QtCore and QtGui explicitly.

Doug.