[PyQt] no UDSEntryList in PyKDE leads to crash

Magnus Kulke magnus.kulke at radicalapproach.de
Thu Dec 18 10:30:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

sure, below is a small program which will crash when using
KIO::UDSEntryList in a signal handler

thanks,

magnus

(i am using python-qt4 4.4.3-1ubuntu1& python-kde4
4:4.1.3-0ubuntu1~intrepid1)

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import sys
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyKDE4.kdecore import ki18n, KAboutData, KCmdLineArgs, KUrl
from PyKDE4.kdeui import KApplication, KMainWindow
from PyKDE4.kio import *

class KasablancaMainWindow (KMainWindow):

	listjob = None

	def __init__ (self):
		KMainWindow.__init__ (self)
		listjob = KIO.listDir(KUrl ("/" ))
		self.connect (listjob, SIGNAL ("result (KJob *)"), self.slotResult)
		self.connect (listjob, SIGNAL ("entries (KIO::Job *, const
KIO::UDSEntryList &)"), self.slotEntries)
	def slotResult(self, job):
		print "result"
	def slotEntries(self, job, entrylist):
		print "entries"

if __name__ == '__main__':

	appName     = "kasablanca"
	catalog     = ""
	programName = ki18n ("kasablanca")
	version     = "0.5"
	description = ki18n ("kasablanca ftp client")
	license     = KAboutData.License_GPL
	copyright   = ki18n ("(c) 2008 Magnus Kulke")
	text        = ki18n ("none")
	homePage    = "kasablanca.berlios.de"
	bugEmail    = "mkulke at bla.com"

	aboutData   = KAboutData (appName, catalog, programName, version,
description, license, copyright, text, homePage, bugEmail)

	KCmdLineArgs.init (sys.argv, aboutData)

	app = KApplication ()
	mainWindow = KasablancaMainWindow ()
	mainWindow.show()