[PyQt] No MySQL driver on Windows PyQt4?

duncan duncan duncan73 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:33:41 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:05:12 +0100, "piotr maliński" <riklaunim at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've installed latest PyQt4 release for Windows and the problem is it
> > doesn't has MySQL driver (QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded). There
> is
> > only SQLITE and ODBC...
>
> Correct - you will have to compile Qt and PyQt yourself with the necessary
> support.

I have some problems also using the SQLITE drivers under windows.

I installed the binary package for Qt and PyQt4, but then I get this error:

------
G:\home>c:\Python25\python.exe
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on
win32
>>> from PyQt4.QtSql import *
>>> QSqlDatabase.isDriverAvaible("QSQLITE")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: isDriverAvaible
>>> QSqlDatabase.isDriverAvailable("QSQLITE")
False
------

In the directory C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\plugins\sqldrivers I
have these files:

libqsqlite4.a
libqsqlited4.a
libqsqlodbc4.a
libqsqlodbcd4.a
qsqlite4.dll
qsqlited4.dll
qsqlodbc4.dll
qsqlodbcd4.dll

while in the directory  C:\Qt\4.4.3\plugins\sqldrivers I have these files:

libqsqlite4.a
libqsqlited4.a
libqsqlodbc4.a
libqsqlodbcd4.a
qsqlite4.dll
qsqlited4.dll
qsqlodbc4.dll
qsqlodbcd4.dll

The demo from the Qt4 installation works fine

Any hints ?

bye
Gianluca