[PyQt] uic NoSuchWidgetError

Matteo Bertini naufraghi at develer.com
Tue Dec 9 19:05:12 GMT 2008

On 9-12-2008 19:38, Phil Thompson wrote:
> That code is converting the exception to a user error message when
> they are
> running pyuic4 from the command line - so it's doing what it should.
>
> Phil

Hmm, I think that it should be a warning not an error.
The reasons I see are:

    * PyQt3Support exists.
    * One cannot use names starting with "Q3".
    * Usually in python till the last moment no one knows if a class
      will be there or not.

I don't know if there are deeper reasons to avoid the generation of Q3*
code, but if the only limitation is that check on the name, it is
perhaps better suited to be a compile warning (resulting in a runtime
error if the warning was true :P)

--
/// Matteo Bertini - Develer srl \\\
\\\    http://www.develer.com    ///