[PyQt] Introducing PyDingo

Michał Andrzej Woźniak mikiwoz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 19:04:08 GMT 2008

Dnia poniedziałek 01 grudzień 2008, piotr maliński napisał(a):
> I've created a project called PyDingo, which is a PyQt4 application –
> file manager, text editor, and "more". The concept of the application
> is similar to Konqueror – a tabbed multi purpose app, but aside "basic"
> file/text management options it will allow creating widgets for other
> things for example display system stats with pystatgrab by typing url
> like "stats://" and so on – call a widget determined by URL.
>
> It won't overcome existing applications like Kate, Konqueror, Dolphin,
> Nautilus, TextMate, Windows Commander etc. but it will be useful. The
> main goal of this application is to get to the useful stage – solving
> various problems (cross platform, feature implementation and so on) on
> the way (than can be nicely documented).
>
> Current stage is very Alpha. I have to add few basic elements to get to
> 0.1, 0.2 stage from which more "fun" can be squeezed from PyDingo
> coding :) I'm looking for feedback about the code/used implementations
> and so on, especially when it stabilize a bit with 0.2 release. Also
> coders wanting to hack a bit on PyDingo in the future are welcomed.
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/pydingo/

One question comes to mind: will it support KParts? It would make the
whole thing easier, more robust and more "pluggable" (you could use
Konqueror's or Kate's, or KWord's KParts to show files and edit text or
documents, resp.)?

Or, maybe, will it export some functionality ("stats://"?) through a
KPart, so that it could be used in other KPart-compatible apps (like
Konqueror)?

If not, please treat the above as feature requests/ideas. ;)

Good luck with the project!