[PyQt] [PyKDE] KTextEditor interface classes

Paul Giannaros paul at giannaros.org
Fri Aug 29 23:02:04 BST 2008

KTextEditor works with an interface class -- implementors of the
interface subclass
KTextEditor::View and KTextEditor::Document, with the subclasses also inheriting
from any interfaces that they choose to support. This is a problem --
I can't see
a way to cast to the required type.

Even though I can check at run-time whether my view implements an interface
with something like:

>>> document = Kate.application().documentManager().documents()[0]
>>> view = document.activeView()
>>> view.inherits('KTextEditor::ConfigInterface')
True

I cannot use anything to cast to the appropriate type to get at the
methods provided
by the interface.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Regards,