[PyQt] style sheets, sliders and buttons

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Fri Aug 29 18:53:34 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm exploring the use of style sheets with PyQt to control the look of
my application and have run into some squirrelly behavior:  most
notably, scrolling sliders no long scroll upwards!

(See attached sample code file.)

Should I have expected that by changing background and foreground
widget colors, the app's scrollbars and buttons would be rendered
"flat?"

Ultimately, I'd like to have all widgets pick up the look defined in
the style sheet, except for scrollbars and buttons.  I'd like
scrollbars and buttons to have their default appearances.  Is there a
way to specify a "default appearance" parameter in the style sheet for
buttons and scrollbars?  Or do I have to declare a specific parameter
set for each selector (widget) in my app, except for buttons and
scrollbars?

Note I'm using:
PyQt-mac-commercial-4.4.2
qt-mac-commercial-src-4.4.2-snapshot-20080711
sip-4.7.6
Mac OSX 10.5.2

Thanks in advance!
Scott