Fw: Re: [PyQt] PyQt4.uic Error!!..

Aminu D imat03 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 03:11:09 BST 2008

Hi,

  I was wondering if you have ever done this before and how much of the converted code did you have to edit?...Its hard for me to phrase this question properly, but I give it a shot...

The converted code ie "myconvertedcode.py" contains:
     a class: ie "convertClass"...This class has two functions:
            def setupUi(self, someobject)
            def retranslateUi(self, someobject)

Now what I know is that uic.load() returns a QtGui object that you can easily use. So if I did myobj = uic.loadUi("myUi")....I can easily go ahead and do myObj.somewidget.show()

But I'm not sure what I get, after I import say "myconvertedcode", when I do myobj = myconvertedcode.convertClass...I'm finding it hard to access any of the widgets in the initial Gui by using  myObj.somewidget.show() etc.

I hope you can make out what I'm trying to say, you can ask me any questions for clarity, bottom line is I'm not exactly sure how to use the converted code in the main program that used to do the Ui load. I've seen some examples for sub classing the class created in the python code but they I can seem to get them to work. Any help will be appreciated.