[PyQt] newbie questions...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 20:35:32 BST 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> - how come PyQt4 isn't on PyPI? (Nowadays I'm used to just specifying
>> packages as egg requirements in a buildout.cfg
>> (http://buildout.zope.org/) but I guess I can't do that with PyQt4?)
>
> Because so far there's little interest in that I think, plus PyQt4
> doesn't use distutils/setuptools and hence one would need to change the
> buildsystem first probably.

Hmm, I meant to ask this in my reply to Phil, but I guess it makes sense
here...

So, given all this:

- how do I install PyQt4 and any dependencies it has as someone who
wants to develop some guis for apps I have?

- How do I package an app up that uses PyQt4 as a double-click-installer
for non-technical users?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk