[PyQt] Problems with Sonnet Highlighter

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Aug 8 23:11:21 BST 2008

Hi,

Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> I wanted to give Sonnet Highlighter a try and I find that it simply doesn't
> work for me (debian unstable packages), it gives:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test-sonnet.py", line 10, in <module>
>     Sonnet.Highlighter( edit )
> TypeError: argument 1 of Highlighter() has an invalid type

[sbe at astro ~/devel/pykde4]$ python test-sonnet.py
Fatal error: you need to have a KComponentData object before
you do anything that requires it! Examples of this are config
objects, standard directories or translations.

This is on KDE 4.1. Your example code should use KApplication instead of
just QApplication. What version of everything are you using?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/