[PyQt] KDE API docs for us Pythonists

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Aug 5 23:08:13 BST 2008

 From my blog: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3593

After the kdebindings meeting about a month ago in Berlin, I had a 8-ish
hour long trip back on the train from Berlin to Nijmegen. Deutsche
Bahn's trains are rather civilised and have power on board for all your
laptop charging needs (provided you can get close enough to the seats
with the tables *and* the power outlets). Anyway, after getting some
preliminary Python coding working inside KDE 4's systemsettings (thanks
go to rdale for his help), I had a go at trying to fix up the PyKDE
class documentation to more closely match the C++ KDE API docs. About 5
weeks of hack time later I now have something which is ready enough for
the public. The formatting is much more in line with the C++ docs and
the pages are laid out and cross linked much better than the previous
class reference for PyKDE. It is still not perfect (code fragments are
not translated to Python), but it should be perfectly usable 98% of the
time. Give it a try. http://api.kde.org/pykde-4.1-api/

This is part of my effort to update the PyKDE docs a bit move them over
to the KDE techbase where it is much easier for everyone to help keep
them updated and to add more information.
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Python

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/