[PyQt] QT Designer for Custom Widgets.

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at denviso.de
Wed Apr 16 14:13:25 BST 2008

objectref wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am reading Mark Summerfields' "Rapid Gui Programming with Python and Qt".
>Until the chapter I am now, I saw that we can build a new custom widget by
>subclassing an existing one and adding our own stuff. All this by code.
>
>Can I achieve the same thing by using solely the Qt Designer ?? I mean,
>let's say I want to make a widget that practically it is a collection of
>some other, predefined ones, and I want to define some properties on it in a
>way that I can see these properties in Designer's Property Editor. Can I do
>this somehow ?
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>Anthony

Look at the PyQt examples in examples/designer/plugins of the PyQt
sources. There you can see how to write plugins to use your own widget
classes with Qt Designer.

Also take a look at the PyQt documentation:
"http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt4/pyqt4ref.html#writing-qt-designer-plugins"

Ulli