[PyQt] Selection of MDI Child and Properties

B Clowers clowersb at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 03:49:09 BST 2008

So I've been trying to alter the mdi.py example packaged with PyQt and allow the contents of the child windows to be altered using the python interpreter.  I've been successful in adding a python shell to the main user interface in a way similar to OpenAlea but really have no clue how to access the current window as a variable.

For example is it possible to type a command in the python interpreter that would allow text to be added directly to the window that has the current focus?  Something like:

child1.setText("foo bar")

As I did not write the python interpreter add-on I wonder if the threading is such that this is not possible.  Does anyone have a solution or an idea how to make this happen?  Do I need to create some global variables that get reset each time I change the focus or can they exist for each child window individual--the latter would be ideal.  I can post some the code but it is U-G-L-Y upon request.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian
http://mail.yahoo.com