[PyQt] i18n() takes no unicode objects

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Apr 12 20:32:23 BST 2008

Hi,

Christoph Burgmer wrote:
> Though it might seem unnecessary, i18n doesn't take unicode objects as input.
> Though one would say English, the language which we would wrap i18n with, only
> needs ASCII, there might be occasions where other characters are needed.

The KDE 4 i18n functions take "const char *" parameters. 8bit characters
only. To answer your question PyKDE4 doesn't support it because KDE's
libraries don't support it.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/