[PyQt] Cross compiling PYQT

Hal Glenn hglenn at 2g-eng.com
Wed Apr 9 15:55:57 BST 2008

Hello everyone, I have recently taken it upon myself to learn how to use
QT and a gumstix. My brother and I have made a few sample applications
on a PC using PYQT and we wanted to try and get them running on the
gumstix linux-arm ditribution next. So far I have gotten QT cross
compiled and working on the gumstix. and falled miserable at getting
PYQT cross compiled. I've been using the gumstix Open Embedded
framework, wich includes a "recipie" for building PYQT and several
patches that look like they would be usefull. But I can't seem to get it
to build correctly. So I started trying to get it to work external to OE
and cross compile it by hand. I came across David's excellent info on it
for the greenphone, with lots of pacthes that i dont understand, and
tried to brake it down a bit and tackel one part at a time.

So I have all my cross tools from the gumstix OE tools, and I have a
running version of python for my host machine so I figured I'd start
with cross compiling SIP. I copied David's spec file and gave it a shot
and i got a wonderfull error of.

arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -w -I. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -o
qtlib.o qtlib.c
CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include/python2.5

So anyway, I was hoping you guys could help point me in the right
direction for tackling this project, thanks, I appreciate any help.
Hal Glenn

here is the full output:

This is SIP 4.7.5-snapshot-20080328 for Python 2.5.1 on linux2.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /Qtopia/bin.
The SIP module will be installed in /Qtopia/lib/python2.5/site-packages.
The SIP header file will be installed in /Qtopia/include/python2.5.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /Qtopia/share/sip.
The platform/compiler configuration is linux-g++-2g.
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/hglenn/gumstix/pyqt-work/sip-4.7.5-snap/sipgen'
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o main.o main.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o transform.o transform.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o gencode.o gencode.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o export.o export.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o heap.o heap.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o parser.o parser.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -O2 -w -I. -o lexer.o lexer.c
arm-linux-g++  -o sip main.o transform.o gencode.o export.o heap.o
parser.o lexer.o
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/hglenn/gumstix/pyqt-work/sip-4.7.5-snap/sipgen'
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/hglenn/gumstix/pyqt-work/sip-4.7.5-snap/siplib'
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -w -I. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -o
siplib.o siplib.c
arm-linux-gcc -c -pipe -fPIC -O2 -w -I. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -o
qtlib.o qtlib.c
CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include/python2.5
cc1: internal compiler error: in add_path, at c-incpath.c:362
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include/python2.5
cc1: internal compiler error: in add_path, at c-incpath.c:362
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [qtlib.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [siplib.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/hglenn/gumstix/pyqt-work/sip-4.7.5-snap/siplib'
make: *** [all] Error 2
hglenn at sparkplug:~/gumstix/pyqt-work$