[PyQt] dbus and PyKDE

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 8 17:02:11 BST 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:12:07PM -0800, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 10:11, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a printer applet into KDE (see kde-core-devel),
> > however I can't actually use pyKDE because oxygen style and
> > KApplication load QtDbus which causes the application to freeze when
> > I'm using python-dbus.
> >
> > For example this app freezes when using KApplication but not when
> > using QApplication.
> >
> > http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/minimal.py
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around this?

Problem solved, Qt 4.4 rc 1 seems to fix this.

I can work around the Oxygen menus text not appearing issue with this
patch to kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen
http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/oxygen-python-menus-text.diff which just
stops oxygen doing whatever it does to menus text.

KStandardAction doesn't seem to have the necessary c++ slot to python
slot changes needed, this app doesn't work
http://kubuntu.org/~jriddell/tmp/kapplication.py

Jonathan