[PyQt] dbus and PyKDE

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sun Apr 6 13:45:59 BST 2008

* Detlev Offenbach [Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:40:35 +0200]:

> Due to the fact that the Oxygen theme is the standard KDE4 theme, the fact
> that PyKDE4 doesn't show the menus will be a really big drawback for it and
> might lead to the point, that only few applications will be written (or a lot
> of complaints will arise). IMHO, this problem should be fixed asap.

For now, I'm doing this in my application:

    if QtGui.QApplication.style().objectName() == 'oxygen':
        QtGui.QApplication.setStyle('Cleanlooks')

Not that is a proper fix, but better than no menus at all in my opinion.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The first step on the road to wisdom is the admission of ignorance. The
second step is realizing that you don't have to blab it to the world.