[PyQt] Re: How to set some attributes to the Application Window

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Sep 15 17:23:17 BST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 10:04:56 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:

> Non help about this? :(:(

Apparently not. :-/

> 2007/9/5, Gustavo A. Díaz <gustavo.diaz at gmail.com>:

> > I was searching a lot and playing around with setFlags to my mainWindow
> > to make possible two things:
> >
> > - I want to disable my app to be placed on the taskbar/kicker/whatever
> > when i execute it, cause i do not use minimize function (like an applet
> > style)
> > - I want this window to be always on bottom of all the rest of the
> > windows/apps (again, like an applet Style)
> >
> > What did I've tested?
> >
> > - To disable the window from being in the task bar, I've tested 2 flags:
> >
> >     *One is the QtCore.Qt.Dialog, which does not do what i want, indeed
> > does nothing... my app still is available to minimize by the user.
> >     *Second, I've tested this time with
> > QtCore.Qt.X11BypassWindowManagerHint which do what i want, the app.
> > disappear from the taskbar but the window stay always on top. So this
> > conflict with the first thing i want that is to put the app always on
> > bottom of all windows/apps.

I don't think you should be using either of these. Have you tried the
Window Flags example? There should be a Python version of this supplied
with PyQt4, but there's a C++ version you can run instead.

> > - To place the app always on bottom: I don't know how to do this.

I'm not sure about this, either. Perhaps setting the Qt.Desktop window
flags will do what you want. Having said that, I don't know what will
happen if there is a desktop window already present.

David