[PyQt] How to set some attributes to the Application Window

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:26:21 BST 2007

Hi !

I was searching a lot and playing around with setFlags to my mainWindow to
make possible two things:

- I want to disable my app to be placed on the taskbar/kicker/whatever when
i execute it, cause i do not use minimize function (like an applet style)
- I want this window to be always on bottom of all the rest of the
windows/apps (again, like an applet Style)

What did I've tested?

- To disable the window from being in the task bar, I've tested 2 flags:

    *One is the QtCore.Qt.Dialog, which does not do what i want, indeed does
nothing... my app still is available to minimize by the user.
    *Second, I've tested this time with
QtCore.Qt.X11BypassWindowManagerHintwhich do what i want, the app.
disappear from the taskbar but the window
stay always on top. So this conflict with the first thing i want that is to
put the app always on bottom of all windows/apps.

- To place the app always on bottom: I don't know how to do this.

The code, just in case:
http://opencoffee.lnxteam.org/trac/browser/trunk/opencoffee-client/MainApp.py

I will be thankful if someone could guide me here.

Cheers.

--
Gustavo A. Díaz
GDNet Projects