[PyQt] PyKDE4 Update

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Mon Sep 3 21:05:03 BST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007 12:08, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Awesome, Jim.
>
> Am Montag, 3. September 2007 18:14 schrieb Jim Bublitz:
> > The module lineup is about the same as PyKDE3, with a few changes. kfile
> > has been rolled into the kio module, kabc/kresource are dropped, kmdi no
> > longer exists, kspell is now in kdecore/kdeui as Sonnet, the solid module
> > has been added, along with (tentatively) two modules that allow scripting
> > plugins for the Kate editor.
>
> Could you elaborate the reasoning behind dropping kabc/kresource briefly?
>
> Is it missing upstream also?

Yeah - I don't know where they've gone. Are they in kdepim? They're no longer
in kdelibs (or kdebase, or kdesdk).

I don't download all of the source packages (I'm bandwidth limited). I'll be
happy to take a look at them if they've moved. If they've moved, the only
concern is if they've picked up new dependencies - otherwise putting them
back isn't too much work.

I think kmdi is just gone, but I haven't searched for that either. There is
some MDI support in Qt4, but haven't looked at that much yet either.

Jim