[PyQt] Re: PyQt4 gc problems

tim blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sat Sep 1 09:23:29 BST 2007

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:32:04 +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On Friday 31 August 2007, Phil Thompson wrote:
>> On Friday 31 August 2007, tim blechmann wrote:
>> > hi all,
>> >
>> > i am using PyQt4 in a multithreaded c++ application. most of the
>> > threads are not created by qt, but are native threads that are
>> > managed from c++.
>> >
>> > so, i had quite a number of crashes, with messages like:
>> >
>> > ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication::sendEvent: "Cannot send events to
>> > objects owned by a different thread. Current thread b022db50.
>> > Receiver 'mainWindow' (of type 'QWidget') was created in thread
>> > 83ffd10", file kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp, line 269
>> >
>> > from what i can tell, these events are sent from the python garbage
>> > collector, which is called from an arbitrary thread, that is
>> > accessing python. after disabling the automatic gc and running
>> > gc.collect() from the QApplication loop manually, it seems to work
>> > flawless.
>> >
>> > is this a known bug/feature?
>> >
>> > thanks, tim
>>
>> Try the current snapshot.
>
> ...and I should have said - and the current SIP snapshot.
>
> Phil

ah, i just saw in the sip changelog, that a bug with similar symptoms has
been fixed a few weeks ago ...

if i find some time, i will check the current snapshot ...

thanks, tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

All we composers really have to work with is time and sound - and
sometimes I'm not even sure about sound.
  Morton Feldman