[PyQt] segmentation fault

Reinhard Thies Reinhard.Thies at web.de
Fri Oct 26 11:13:29 BST 2007

On Thursday, 25. October 2007, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 21:59 schrieb Reinhard Thies:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i am new to PyQt an QT as well.
> > I just downloaded and installed Qt 4.3.2 and PyQt 4.3.1 from source on my
> > Debian based sidux machine.
> > Everything configured and compiled just fine.
> > All qt examples are working but if I try the PyQt examples, I always get
> > an segmentatin fault.
> > Any ideas ?
>
> Backtrace of a debug build would help us enormously, but why don't you sue
> some slightly older, but ready to be used debian packages. Compiling the
> stuff yourself is doable, but requires some distribution specific knowledge
> of these package builds. Generally, build from tar balls requires you to be
> even more sensible about what is installed with the rest of the system,
> e.g.: probably you have two Qt4 libs installed now in different paths:
> perfect recipe for hard to track down disaster..
> If you still want to build the stuff, build deb packages, based on already
> available ones. You will learn a lot from that task, and it will pay off on
> the second install (on a hopefully similar system to the build host).
Now I've installed the debian packages, but getting the following errors
reithi at reithi-lt:/usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/examples/script$
python2.4 ./helloscript.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./helloscript.py", line 6, in ?
    from PyQt4 import QtGui, QtScript
ImportError: No module named PyQt4

But PyQt4 site package is installed .
Is the any way to reconfigure the site packages ?
Do i have to tell python that it is there now ?

Thx,
Reinhard