[PyQt] PyQt book "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt" now available

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Thu Oct 25 18:19:50 BST 2007

On Thu Oct 25 12:56:25 BST 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> In Amazon Germany its even 63.3 euros, which makes about 90 us$, thats
> almost double the normal price of the book as shipped in the US.
>
> I could find it quite a bit cheaper at libri.de, its 42,74 euro there,
> which is still more than 10 dollar more than the original price from
> prentice hall. If I buy directly from prentice hall, I'd pay 67$
> including shipping, AFAICS

I thought I'd see if I could find a lower price in the Euro zone, or a price
outside that would correspond to a lower price.

I used kelkoo.co.uk first, then tried their service in other regions. Here's
what I found:

  United Kingdom: 23.75 GBP (~34 EUR)
  http://books.theregister.co.uk/catalog/browse.asp?ref=863830
  Apparently, shipping would be free if the price was over 25 GBP. :-(
  Otherwise, it appears that delivery to Europe is 7.95 GBP (~11 EUR)!
  (http://books.theregister.co.uk/info/payment_delivery.asp)

  Norway: 297 NOK (~38 EUR)
  http://www.capris.no/product.aspx?isbn=0132354187
  Shipping appears to be free (within Norway, I suppose), but that may depend
  on my interpretation of the word "fraktfritt"!
  (http://www.capris.no/customerservice.aspx)

The first price shouldn't include any tax. I'm not certain what the situation
is with tax on books in Norway, so I don't know if the price is inclusive of
tax or not.

David
--
David Boddie