[PyQt] PyQt book "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt" now available

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Oct 23 08:46:38 BST 2007

Hi,

I am delighted to announce that

    "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt:
     The Definitive Guide to PyQt Programming"

has now been published in the US.

The book is a hardback, 648 pages, ISBN 0132354187.

The foreword was written by Phil Thompson (creator of PyQt), who was
also one of the book's five technical reviewers.

For a brief overview of the book and the table of contents, etc., see

http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

This web page also has links to places that sell the book, and has the
full source code for the examples (and model answers to almost every
exercise) available for downloading.

The book covers PyQt4 (it has no coverage of PyQt3), and is best used
with Python 2.5 and PyQt 4.2 or better, on Windows, Mac OS X, or an
X11-based Unix or Linux. No prior knowledge of GUI programming is
assumed, so don't worry if you've only ever done web programming:-)

Since this is the only book that covers PyQt4 it is automatically the
"best"---but I have not been complacent, and have worked extremely hard
to make the book as accessible, useful, enjoyable, and interesting as
possible.

(Note for Safari readers: The printed version of the book uses the PDF I
supplied as is, with fonts and typesetting exactly as I wanted them,
whereas the Safari online edition was retypeset by the publisher.)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu