[PyQt] Re: Re: Internationalization problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 20 16:34:29 BST 2007

On 20.10.07 15:21:32, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> Okay, so one more quite general question: does it make sense to load
> the localised Qt translation in my own application?

Yes ist does. Also things like Message boxes will be translated

> Where would I see those? In file open dialogs for example? - or are
> these, too, under the control of the Window manager?

The filedialogs depends on the platform. At least on unix you'll get a
translated Qt filedialog when you load the translations, but for example
on win32 you'd usually get the native dialog from win32 - which will of
course also be translated according to the win32 language settings.

Andreas

--
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.