[PyQt] QThread not exiting

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 19:26:25 BST 2007

On 19.10.07 11:07:34, Kerri Reno wrote:
> OK, I took out all the GUI elements, but I still can't get the QThread to
> exit:

Sorry, didn't notice before. You're actually not starting a new thread.
You call "self.run()" from the constructor of the QThread subclass, but
the constructor is executed inside the GUI thread. Thus run() runs in
the GUI thread and the constructor of BusyThread never returns. The
proper API to start a QThread is using QThread.start()

Andreas

--
You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.