[PyQt] Using Xlib

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 04:39:11 BST 2007

Hi!!

I am trying to do 2 things with my app window state:

1- Hide/disable the taskbar of the app.
2- Put the app window always behind every other applications (so lets say,
to act as an desktop applet).

So, i was digging a little about X server states and using xlib from python
module, and i did this on my app:

self.display = display.Display(":0")
self.net_wm_state_skip_taskbar = self.display.intern_atom
("_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_TASKBAR")
self.net_wm_state_below = self.display.intern_atom ("_NET_WM_STATE_BELOW")
self.net_wm_state = self.display.intern_atom("_NET_WM_STATE")
self.display.screen().root.change_property(self.net_wm_state, Xatom.ATOM,
32, [self.net_wm_state_skip_taskbar,], X.PropModeAppend)

Now, this has no absolute effect on my app. What is wrong?

Thanks!

Cheers.

--
Gustavo A. Díaz