[PyQt] Internationalisation process help

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 21:22:41 BST 2007

On 18.10.07 21:10:23, kib2 wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
> >On 18.10.07 20:42:44, kib2 wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to understand the internationalisation process in a PyQt4 app.
> >>From my main ui file (in French), I've got a ts one with pylupdate4, then
> >>translated it to binaries in qm format.
> >>The resulting file is named 'em.qm' and is in my main app directory.
> >>
> >>But it does not seems to translate anything. I must miss something, but what
> >>?
> >
> >Did you already look into the Qt documentation
> >(doc.trolltech.com/4.3/i18n.html)? After extracting the .ts file you
> >need to open it in linguist and translate all the entries, then let it
> >build a .qm file and load that file. Only then your app is translated.
> >i18n doesn't work automatically ;)
> Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I already translated the file manually (no
> need to use Qlinguist because there's only 5 ou 6 entries).

Ok, was just making sure, I've seen some people expecting the
translation to happen automatically.

Out of the top of my head I don't have an idea why your app is not
translated after loading the .qm file.

Andreas

--
You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.