[PyQt] Qt 4.4

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Oct 18 01:36:29 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 16:15 -0700, Matt Chambers wrote:

> > No, and Phil usually doesn't support Qt snapshots, only releases.
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> Yeah, lets start early!  I want to get in some early testing with 4.4,
> the other 4.x versions are extremely slow to draw to the screen
> compared to 3.x.  If Trolltech hasn't fixed it in 4.4 (which they
> claim to have done), I know that I will personally probably switch to
> QtJambi.
>
> It doesn't work, this is the compile error I'm seeing, latest sip an
> pyqt snapshots.
>
> /usr/local/qt/4.4.0-gpl-gcc421/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o
> sipQtGuiQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent.o
> sipQtGuiQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent.cpp
> sipQtGuiQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent.cpp: In constructor
> ‘sipQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent::sipQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent(const
> QGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent&)’:
>
> /usr/local/qt/4.4.0-gpl-gcc421/include/QtGui/qgraphicssceneevent.h:274: error: ‘QGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent::QGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent(const QGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent&)’ is private
> sipQtGuiQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent.cpp:81: error: within this context
> make[1]: *** [sipQtGuiQGraphicsSceneDragDropEvent.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/var/tmp/yum-rpm-build-scratch/chambers/BUILD_i386/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3-snapshot-20071016/QtGui'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.94015 (%build)

Add the mentioned private copy constructor to the sip file for that
class.

But really, it's a lost battle. It doesn't even help Phil, because he's
generating .sip files using a "MetaSIP" tool which he wrote and never
released. So even if you provide a fully-functional patch file to him,
he would probably need to redo the job or something.
--
Giovanni Bajo