[PyQt] PyQt Installation Issues

Space Monkey space_monkey_no99 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 11:51:22 BST 2007

Hello

I have downloaded and been trying to install PyQt  4.3.1, but I can't seem to make it to work... When I try to get it configured, I get this error, right from the start:

[root at localhost PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3.1]# python configure.py
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
Error: Failed to create ./qtdirs using platform linux-g++. Make sure your
compiler is installed correctly and you have a working make on your PATH.

I have g++ and I don't know what to do make out of this error.

P.S. - I am a total Linux newbie - just started using it several days ago, so please explain slowly :)