[PyQt] Sip throws an exception when configuring PyQT

Serge Wroclawski serge at wroclawski.org
Wed Oct 3 14:48:21 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is addressed somewhere else.

I have an installation of Python with the prefix set to
/opt/python-2.5.1 and SIP 4.7 is installed there.

Now I need to install PyQt 3.11, but when I run configure.py I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "configure.py", line 55, in <module>
    if sipcfg.qt_version == 0:
  File "/opt/python-2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sipconfig.py", line 183, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, "\"%s\" is not a valid configuration value or user option" % name
AttributeError: "qt_version" is not a valid configuration value or user option

So, yes, that atttibute isn't there.

I'm somewhat at a loss of what to do here.

Can anyone provide some help?

Thanks,

- Serge Wroclawski