[PyQt] Re: Building on Fedora 7

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Wed Oct 3 14:37:51 BST 2007

Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> I'll add if you work around this by modifying configure, then it cannot
> find the default QMAKESPEC. There is no default directory
> in /usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/

Okay, so it installs it in /usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/default instead.

Another issue:

If you give configure this option, it then cannot determine that Qt is the
free edition. This is because qconfig.h has been split up into bits
(including other files) and QT_EDITION is defined in qconfig-x86_64.h.
Maybe configure.py should write this out from qtdirs, rather than try to
parse header files.

So there are at least three different problems to installing PyQt4 on
Fedora.

Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremysanders.net/