[PyQt] Using QScintilla .api files

David Hirschfield davidh at ilm.com
Thu Nov 29 20:09:20 GMT 2007

> But still within a GUI application?

Yes, still within a GUI, just not within an actual QScintilla widget. I
have two specific UIs that let users enter python expressions which I
would love to be able to supply auto-completion for. Already having api
files available for QScintilla, I'd hate to build my own auto-completion
lookup system from scratch.
>> Is there any documentation on how to load and read from a prepared .api
>> file (the .pap files)? I can't find any docs on the format of the
>> information within those api files at all.
>>

> No is the short answer, but I'm open to suggestions to make elements more
> reusable - particularly as I need to refactor the widget that displays the
> list as it has problems on Windows.

Really I just want a way to load a set of prepared api files and then
hand some function the text and ask for the resulting completions or
calltips, the actual display of those results would be up to my own UI
to handle.

Or, how about just documentation on what the prepared api file looks
like internally and how a search for a match is performed by QScintilla?
I wouldn't be opposed to rolling my own code for reading in and finding
matches in an api file, if I had some firm grounding in how to go about it.

Thanks for the response,
-Dave

--
Presenting: