[PyQt] How to use QButtonGroup?

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at t-online.de
Sun Nov 25 14:05:39 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm reading the documentation about QButtonGroup and QGroupBox and I don't
quite understand the relationship between them.

I can create QRadioButtons and put them into a QGroupBox. That makes them
visible and mutually exclusive. And, of course, I should put a layout between
the box and the buttons. Right?

If I put those same buttons into a QButtonGroup, then I can map them to
integers, and I can connect the buttonClicked(int) signal of the group to a
method or function that can use the id of the button. Still right?

But there seems to be no connection between the QGroupBox and the
QButtonGroup. I have to put each of my radio buttons into the box _and_ into
the buttongroup. Right, or did I overlook something?

Thank you,
Koczian

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian