[PyQt] QItemDelegate

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 10:36:13 GMT 2007

On 22.11.07 11:21:31, Alexandre Badez wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 11:09 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > QItemDelegate::decoration() is internal to Qt.
>
> But why does it work in Win32 and not on Unix ?

Probably because on Linux the visibility flag of gcc is used, which
completely hides the method, while on win32 there doesn't exist such a
thing. Though its strange it appears in the import lib for Qt...

> Those method, even if they are not documented, are protected, so I can
> normally do it in C++; so why not in python ?

You cannot use it in C++ either. Yes technically you can, but if you
want to build a reliable application that you don't want to change with
every other Qt release then you cannot use private API and wether the
function is "protected" or "private" doesn't matter, any Qt function
that is not documented in the API docs is not public and cannot be
relied upon to work as expected in the next Qt release.

Andreas

--
You will have good luck and overcome many hardships.