[PyQt] QItemDelegate

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 10:29:19 GMT 2007

On 22.11.07 09:57:41, Alexandre Badez wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 5:26 PM, Alexandre Badez <alexandre.badez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 21, 2007 5:06 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I'm steel trying to make my deletage, but I've steel have some problem.
> My application must be multi-plateform, so I develop for win32 and Unix
> (SunOs 5.8).
> On Windows I've got:
>   PyQt 4.0 (262 144)
>   Qt 4.1.5 (even if PyQt give me the information: Qt 4.1.3 (262 403)
>
> On Unix I've got:
>   PyQt 4.1.1 (262 401)
>   Qt 4.1.4 (262 404)
>
> In my delegate I'm doing this:
>
> >from PyQt4 import QtGui
> class myDelegate(QtGui.QItemDelegate):
>     def paint(self, painter, option, index):
>         [...]
>         self.decoration(...) # <- method protected declare in C++ object
>         [...]
>
> This code work great on window, but not on Unix (AttributError).

As Phil already said, that function is internal. Before you try to use
any function of QItemDelegate, check if it is documented in the Qt or
PyQt api docs, if it is not you cannot use it.

Having said that, the first thing you should do is upgrade both Qt and
PyQt to 4.3.x. Especially the Interview framework got quite important
bugfixes in 4.2 and 4.3

Andreas

--
You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door mayonnaise
salesman.