[PyQt] platform in python

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Mon Nov 19 14:55:05 GMT 2007

On Mon Nov 19 09:58:09 GMT 2007, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 18 de November de 2007 17:54:01 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > When can we select IDE between two IDEs like Eclipse and NetBeans, not
> > > like now we choose from dozen IDEs.
> >
> > Never? Diversity is good :)
>
> But having a standard is also good to get more momentum.
>
> Are there already some ideas into that direction? (Would interest me, even
> though I won't be able to participate, I fear... other main priorities)

There were moves to unify efforts to promote more code reuse and better
interoperability between Python IDEs:

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/2006-March/004773.html
  http://pyxides.stani.be/

I don't know the current situation. The original Wiki went offline a while
ago, and the link to that (the second one of the two above) now appears to go
to a Google Group.

David
--
David Boddie