[PyQt] changes to sip.py breaking py2app recipe

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 09:10:03 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007, Scott Willman wrote:
> I'm trying to debug the py2app recipe that handles sip on the mac. From
> what I see, it appears to be looking for:
>
>  sipconfig.Configuration(). qt_lib_dir
>
> However, this attribute doesn't appear to exist anymore (that I can find).
> If it has indeed changed, is this information stored in another attribute
> somewhere else?

from PyQt4 import pyqtconfig
pyqtconfig.Configuration().qt_lib_dir

> Also, it's looking for a environment variable called 'DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH'
> that I don't seem to have set. I don't see any other env vars that would
> contain what that it seems to be looking for. Can anyone fill in the blanks
> here?

It contains the list of additional directories searched by the loader for
shared libraries. Nether SIP nor SIP generated code needs it - but libraries
being wrapped by SIP might, depending on where they are installed (but that's
a problem for those libraries).

It sounds like that recipe is for SIP v3.