[PyQt] Problem installing Vendorid

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at t-online.de
Wed Nov 14 21:02:44 GMT 2007

Chris Dunscombe schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install the VendorId on Windows 2000 Pro with Python 2.5 to create signed
>interpreter etc. I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I get the following:
>
>    T:\sw_depot\qt_pyqt_etc\windows_unzips_etc\VendorID-1.0.0>python setup.py build
>    running build
>    running build_clib
>    error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
>    extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
>    Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
>    you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.
>
>This was with ActiveState Python 2.5.1. So I built my own Python using Visual C++ 2005 Express
>Edition. However I got the same error message, which is really confusing as I KNOW that Python was
>not built with Visual Studio 2003!!
>
>Anyone got any ideas? (I'd rather not go the MinGW route unless I have too.)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris

It's a distutils (or an Express Edition) problem. The message comes from
class 'MacroExpander' in 'Lib\distutils\msvccompiler.py'. It expects,
but can't find the registry entry
'Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\sdkinstallrootv1.1' (the install path
of the .NET Framework SDK). Maybe you could try to modify
'msvccompiler.py' or create a dummy registry entry. I don't know if this
value is used at all.

Ulli